Payment Assistance

COVID-19 Customer Support Resources

The PUD and neighboring utilities have assistance funds to help people pay off their past due balances and apply credits to their water and power accounts. Call customer service today to find out more information. 

The Washington Dept. of Commerce has allocated $15 million in LIHEAP relief funds for qualifying residents to pay for both rent and utility bills. If you think you may qualify, please make an appointment with OLYCAP or the CAC in your county. See contact information below.

Open to residents of the PUD 1 service area and offers assistance one time per year. This program is administered by the Community Action Councils (CAC) for Mason and Jefferson Counties. For more information on the program read the Jefferson County fund procedures or the Mason County fund  procedures. For information on assistance on weatherizing your home, click here. To donate to the Canal Comfort Fund, you can fill out the fund section on your remittance section of your monthly bill or you can contact Customer Service and pledge a monthly amount to be added to your monthly statements. These donations are tax deductible and 100% of donations go toward families in need.

Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) is a federal assistance program that is also administered by the CAC.

CAC of Lewis, Mason & Thurston Countiesimage001.png
807 West Railroad Avenue, Shelton, WA 98584
(360) 426-9726

OlyCAP (Jefferson County)image002.png
Port Townsend Office

Tribal members

Tribal members are also eligible for LIHEAP and CITGO. If you are a tribal member and wish to determine if you qualify for assistance, please contact your tribal center or SPIPA for more information.

South Puget Intertribal Planning Agency
3104 S.E. Old Olympic Hwy., Shelton, WA 98584 (Squaxin)
(360) 426-3990

Skokomish Tribal Nation Center
North 80 Tribal Center Road, Skokomish Nation, WA 98584
(360) 426-4232

The Board of Commissioners in recognition of the economic impact of COVID-19 authorized a refund of residential customer security deposits who have had positive account payment history for six or more months. This was refunded to the May bills. The Commission also has delayed electric and water rate increases through April 2021. All CARES Act funding that was allocated through Mason County has been applied to qualified customer accounts. As of December, the PUD is still trying to get assistance through Jefferson County’s CARES Act appropriation.

This page is posted in accordance with proclamation 20-23.5 with a posting date of May 21, 2020. The information was reviewed and approved for public display by the General Manager.