Stop/Start Electric Service

New Construction/Altered Service – To gain a better idea of how to begin, review this flow chart to see the process for setting up a new or altered service. Our customer service and engineering departments will be happy to answer any questions you may have and to help you complete the required forms, including the “New/Altered Service” application. The service polices and design specifications packet is available here

New to PUD 1 Electric or Water Service – If you are new to PUD 1 Electric or Water service’s please fill out the new customer application form.  You can email the form along with a copy of your drivers license or other acceptable identification to [email protected], fax it to 360-877-9274 or bring it into the office.  Our customer service staff will be happy to answer any questions you may have or help you complete the required form.

Stop Service – If you are moving out, please call our office at 360-877-5249 to notify us of your move out date. You will be responsible for power or water use until the final meter read is taken after notifying the office. (Also, please note the PUD has 5 days from your notice of stopping service to read the meter for your final billing.)

Existing Customers- PUD 1 does not currently charge customers who request that their service be disconnected for maintenance or other work. We will send a serviceman to your property during normal business hours to shut off and reconnect your service up on request, provided that your service was not disconnected for non-payment.

Deposits and Fees

There may be a deposit required for new customers setting up service. Deposits are based on the two highest months of consumption in a 12 month period. Deposits can often be reduced or waived with a positive report from an in-house credit check. All required deposits MUST be paid prior to beginning service. Deposits are returned to the customer via credit on your bill after 12 consecutive months of on-time payments.

Landlords and Renters

Landlords must give permission for new renters to put service in the renters’ name(s). If landlords choose for the service to remain in their own name, the landlord is responsible for all charges related to the account and the District must follow the landlord-tenant laws (i.e. the District cannot disconnect service at a residence due to the renter’s failure to pay rent to the landlord). Please read this article for more information.

The District strongly suggests that landlords complete the Rental Standby Agreement, which allows the PUD to contact you in the event that your tenant moves out or ceases to continue utility services at your property.